Travel insurance FAQs.

Here to help!

We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions and hope that we can answer any queries that you have regarding our travel insurance products. Please select the category you are interested in and a full list of questions will appear.

If the question you have is not answered by our FAQs, simply contact us.

General insurance
Products &
Our insurance
What's included
in my insurance
Amendments &
Renewal insurance
Claim insurance
I have just bought a policy online, when will I receive my travel insurance documents?

You will receive an e-mail shortly with your policy documents attached for you to print off and keep for your records. If you do not receive an e-mail from us within 24 hours of purchasing online, please e-mail

It's also worth checking your junk mail inbox to make sure that it hasn't been filtered and filed away where you can't see it!

How will I receive my travel insurance documents?

Once you have completed the payment process we will send you a confirmation e-mail with your policy documentation attached. This will include the Confirmation letter, Policy document including schedule and Definitions letter including details of how to download FocusPoint International’s (CAP™) Travel Risk Portal.

Do I need to take my travel policy documents away with me?

Yes, your policy documents will contain critical information on what to do in an emergency - such as the numbers you need to call for:

  • Emergency Medical Assistance
  • Political Natural Catastrophe Evacuation/Repatriation
  • Crisis Management

It also gives you the full details of what you're covered for and what you're not covered for.

I'd like to shop around first, is it possible to save my travel insurance quote and come back later?

Yes. We will send you an email with details of how to retrieve your quote.

How do I contact

Initially please contact us by using the ‘Contact Us’ form using the ‘ Contact Us’ link at the bottom of any of our Webpages. Clearly state your query and we can usually resolve this by a return email. On the few occasions that we do need to speak to you in person please make sure you show a contact number where we can reach you between the hours of 8am to 8pm.

How do I pay for the travel insurance

You can pay for your travel insurance using all major debit or credit cards with the exception of American Express and Diners Club.

You offer cover for travel to ‘High Risk’ territories what are these?

We specialise in travel insurance to high risk territories, due to this and the specialist underwriters that we utilise for our scheme the list of high risk territories is short and as follows:

  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria
  • Burundi
  • Cameroon
  • Central African Republic
  • Chad
  • Colombia
  • DRC
  • Egypt
  • Ethiopia
  • Iraq
  • Israel/PA
  • Kenya
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Mali
  • Niger
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • Russia
  • Somalia
  • South Sudan
  • Sudan
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Yemen

All the above can be covered without pre clearance via our online quote system.

IMPORTANT Excluded Territory - Syria: Unfortunately due to the current situation in Syria, we are unable to provide cover for travel to this territory as our emergency service providers have a very high likelihood of not being able to gain the permissions to access the territory should an emergency arise.

What is ‘Responsive Disaster Recovery’ cover and why would I need it?

Unfortunately, in the world today even in countries where political and living conditions are regarded as stable there are still incidents that occur which threaten the business or holiday traveller . These are often excluded under a normal travel policy which would not react to the incidents. We regard these as a ‘Crisis’ and in conjunction with our scheme underwriters have designed our insurance policy to include cover for these under the Responsive Disaster Recovery section of the policy.

We define a ‘Crisis’ as meaning ‘ any unstable and dangerous situation resulting from an unforeseen insured event which is directly caused or has the potential to cause serious bodily harm or death to an insured person, with little or no warning’ examples of this are:

  • War, Riot, Rebellion, Revolution, Invasion.
  • Violent crime, malicious attack.
  • Wrongful detention, kidnapping, extortion.
  • Civil commotion.
  • Natural disasters.
  • Act of terrorism.
  • Child abduction.
  • Disappearance.
  • Hijack.
  • Bomb explosion.

The cover we provide is in two parts.

Response consultant costs including access to

  • pre-travel 24/7 customer service centre
  • online country risk information
  • pre-incident preventive advice
  • instant reporting and urgent messaging relevant to each individual covered by the policy
  • response to an incident by trained specialist consultants

Extra expense examples of which are:

  • emergency evacuation costs
  • independent interpreter fees and expenses
  • development of a search protocol
  • deployment of temporary security manager/coordinator or close escort resource

We feel that this cover which is provided on all our policies is extremely important to the business, holiday and student traveller in today’s global travel place.

Does the insurance cover pre existing medical issues?

In summary; any condition defined under ‘a’ to ‘f’ of the pre existing medical conditions definition section of the policy is excluded.

There are certain predefined conditions shown in that section where the policy does provide cover.

For a more detailed overview of pre-existing medical issues please look under the topic ‘I have a pre-existing medical condition, does that mean I can't get travel insurance cover?’ under the FAQ Amendments and Cancellation topic.

Do you offer cover for the business traveller?

Yes we do and not purely for the business traveller who undertakes clerical or sales trips. Our policy provides cover for those undertaking manual work including manual work in high risk territories in high-risk occupations such as oilfield workers, journalists and security consultants.

Do you offer travel insurance for trips up to twelve months duration?

Yes we do for Business Travellers, Holiday and Students who are either working abroad, on extended holidays or studying outside their normal country of residence we offer cover for extended periods for up to twelve months and this would usually save you money!

For those who make several trips a year we also offer a multi trip travel policy. Not only could it save you money over taking out individual trip insurance but it's also a lot less hassle and means you can arrange it at the beginning of each year and forget about it until your renewal date comes around. What's more, will send you a reminder e-mail when your policy is coming to an end so that you can get straight back online to renew.

What's the difference between a 12 month travel insurance and a Multi-Trip Travel Insurance?

The difference between the two is simple. With the 12month travel Insurance cover you are covered for trips of up to twelve months duration or as many trips of any duration you like up to the 12 months during the insurance period.

The Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance policy differs in that you can travel on as many trips during the 12 month policy length provided that each trip does not exceed the number of days as stated in your policy wording.

Why should I take out an 12 month insurance policy / Multi-Trip Travel Policy?

If you are planning to take:

  • several short trips this year or
  • a longer trip (a winter stay in a warmer climate) combined with a shorter
  • summer trips
  • a number of city breaks abroad


  • are a business traveller working on a long term contract or making numerous short business trips with perhaps a few days holiday tagged on the end of these plus your normal holiday.

Then arranging individual single trip insurance policies for each trip or holiday not only takes up lots of time, but you could also end up paying over the odds. With the availability of low cost airfares encouraging us to take more holidays and short breaks than ever, 12 month and Multi-Travel Insurance policies have become the more convenient and cost-effective way to arrange travel insurance.

Do you offer single trip travel insurance?

Of course! if you are just taking one trip this year, then our single trip travel insurance is the most suitable policy for you.

I'm 67 and have found it hard to get travel insurance, do you offer insurance for people over 65?

Yes, we can offer any of our travel insurance policies to people aged up to 69 years old.

Do you offer long stay travel insurance?

Yes, we offer cover trips for up to a full 12 month period for the business, holiday and student traveller.

How many days can I travel for, on a single trip policy?

Our single trip travel insurance policies are extremely flexible and are designed to provide cover you for a trips from 3 days to 12 months at competitive rates.

How many times can I travel with an annual multi-trip policy, and how long can each trip be?

You can travel as many times as you wish during your 12 month Multi -Travel insurance policy period. With the maximum length of any one trip is 31 days.

If my partner and I take out an annual travel insurance policy as a couple, will it cover us when we travel independently?

Yes, a couple's annual policy will cover you both, irrespective of whether you are travelling together or independently.

I purchased an annual travel policy for my whole family, will my children be covered if they travel without my partner or I?

No, all children under 18 included within a family insurance policy are only covered when travelling with an adult insured under the same policy.

We've got an annual travel insurance policy and we go on holiday in own country of residence a lot - is this covered?

Yes it is for trips where accommodation has been pre-booked for more two nights or more, however we do excluded medical expenses cover in your own country of residence. It’s as important to make sure that you have adequate travel insurance when you're taking a holiday in your own country of Residence as it is for a holiday or business trip abroad, If you're taking out a new policy, make sure that you select the destination that covers all of the trips you plan to take during the 12 month period.

How do I know what's included under my travel insurance policy?

Within the Key facts section we provide a link to the relevant product chosen where you can download the Policy documentation and a specimen Confirmation letter before completing your transaction online to make sure it meets with your requirements. When you have completed your purchase this documentation is provided to you by email. Please take these documents with you on your trip so that you can refer to them whenever necessary.

Do you offer skiing insurance?

At the moment we do not offer a Winter sports extension as standard under our policies but this extension will be available shortly to purchase from the website.

Does being pregnant affect my travel insurance cover?

Yes it does. Our policies currently totally excludes any losses arising from pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage or any disorder of the reproductive system. This is especially relevant not only to the Medical Expenses and Repatriation cover under the policy but Cancellation and Curtailment and Hospital Benefit coverage.

We do have some general advice when travelling while pregnant.

We strongly advise that you make sure that your Medical Practitioner and Midwife are aware of your travel plans, that there are no known complications and that you are not travelling against any medical advice.

When you travel on Airlines and ferry/shipping companies including cruise liners whilst pregnant they have their own restrictions due to health and safety requirements. You must check with them or any other mode of transport you propose to take before you book the following provides and overview of what each mode of transport will require:

  • By Air - After 28 weeks most airlines will require a letter from your Medical Practitioner or Midwife confirming your Estimated Date of Delivery and stating that there are no complications. You may travel, but your travel must be completed by 36 weeks and 6 days for single uncomplicated pregnancies and 32 weeks and 6 days for multiple uncomplicated pregnancies.
  • By Sea - Ferry companies and cruise liners have their own restrictions and may refuse heavily pregnant women beyond 32 weeks.
  • By Car, Coach and Train - There are no known restrictions. Please make sure your Medical Practitioner or Midwife are aware of your travel plans and that there are no known complications.

There are two important additional items to note re travelling whilst pregnant:

  • Denial of boarding by your carrier is not covered by our policies, you should check that you will be able to travel with the carrier/airline in advance.
  • It is essential if at the time of booking your trip you are aware that you are pregnant that you ensure that you are able to have the required vaccinations for that trip; no cover will be provided for cancellation in the event that after booking you discover travel is advised against or you are unable to receive the appropriate and required vaccinations for that country.
If I'm driving my car abroad and it breaks down am I covered?

No we do not provide cover for breakdown for your own car or for any car or other motor vehicle that you may hire. If your taking your own car abroad you will need to check the terms of your car insurance as you may need to extend the cover. Additionally we would not cover injury to a 3rd party, damage to the car or damage to a 3rd party's vehicle in the event of an accident, but we would cover you for the costs associated with medical treatment you (as the policy holder or any other person covered by your travel insurance policy) require.

What about cover for hire cars?

No we do no provide cover for hire cars. You will need to make sure that your hire car insurance covers you for damage to the hire car and for any third party liability in the event of an accident.

Our travel insurance protects you and anyone else covered by your travel insurance policy for medical expenses as a result of an accident

Will I be covered should my tour operator go bust?

No we do not provide cover following the insolvency of a Tour Operator. In the UK If you have booked a package holiday, your travel agent or tour operator should hold an ATOL license. If you are not a UK resident then you will need to check with your travel agent as to the extent of cover provided under local legislation.

In the ATOL is a financial protection scheme for holidaymakers. If an ATOL tour operator fails, the ATOL scheme ensures customers contracted with the ATOL holder for an air package or a flight, do not lose the money paid or are not stranded abroad. Therefore it is not necessary for your travel insurance to provide this type of cover.

Does your travel insurance cover terrorist attacks?

Yes, our policy does include cover following a terrorist attack. Medical expenses, cancellation or curtailment of your holiday or trip, personal accident coverage and loss of possessions and baggage are all covered if caused by the terrorist act

Don’t forget as standard we include Responsive Disaster Recovery and Political and Natural Catastrophe cover as standard within our policy both of these come with a 24/7 helpline and can provide valuable additional cover in an emergency.

There has been a terrorist attack recently at my chosen destination, will I be covered to travel there or should I cancel my trip?

Our policies provide cover to High Risk territories however you still have a duty of care to ensure that you take reasonable precautions when working or travelling in high risk territories. It's important to note that your policy won't cover the cancellation of a trip that you feel disinclined to take, it will only cover you if you are advised against taking the trip by the relevant governmental department offering this advice in your territory of normal residence and are unable to obtain a refund from your travel provider.

What happens if I have to cancel my holiday?

All of our travel insurance policies offer cancellation cover, which means that if you had to cancel your holiday following an insured event and subject to the Policy terms, conditions and exclusions, you would be covered up to the limit shown on your Policy document.

What if I need to make a change to my insurance policy?

If your travel plans change or you need to make any other amendments to your travel insurance policy, you have a 14 day period in which to do so free of charge. After the 14 days, all amendments will incur a £10 administration fee. All you need to do is contact us and provide us with the following information:

  • Policy number
  • Date policy purchased
  • Amendments you wish to make

We will then send you an e-mail confirming that the amendments have been made, attaching the updated policy documentation.

How do I cancel my policy?

If you change your mind and wish to cancel your travel insurance policy, you have 14 days from when the policy documentation is sent to you to cancel the policy and obtain a full refund on the premium minus USD10.00 which is charged for the additional administration involved in the Policy cancellation, providing that you have not travelled or made a claim.

If you wish to cancel your policy within the 14 day cancellation period, please contact us confirming that you would like to cancel, and provide the following information:

  • Policy number
  • Date policy purchased
  • Your reason for cancellation
  • Confirmation that you have not travelled or have started a trip since purchasing the policy
  • Confirmation that you have not claimed/do not intend to claim under the policy

You will then receive a telephone call from in order to process your refund.

Alternatively you can write to us at:

Office 1 & 2
203 205 The Vale
England W3 7QS

Or call us on +44 0208 004 9818.

Please note any phone call requesting a refund of premium will need to be confirmed by email using our contact form, or by letter to the above address.

In all cases we must check against our claims database when a refund request is made as we provide cover for certain sections of the Policy from the date the Policy is purchased, not the date of travel, so it may take up to 72 hours before we are able to process any return while checks are made.

Following the expiry of Your 14-day cancellation period, You continue to have the right to cancel Your Policy at any time during its term by contacting Us, but no refund of premium will be available.

For Annual Multi-Trip Policies, the 14-day cancellation period is extended up to the start date of Your Policy.

Cancellation by Us: If You fail to satisfy the terms of Your Policy, We may choose to cancel Your Policy during the Period of Insurance:

  • by giving You 7 days written notice of cancellation to the last address You provided Us with; or
  • immediately if we have spoken directly to You

Examples of when We might do this includes:

  • You not paying a Premium when due; or
  • Us discovering that You are no longer eligible for cover. For example, You not meeting the eligibility requirements; or
  • Us discovering the Policy is being used for a fraudulent purpose.

If We cancel the Policy, You may not be entitled to a refund of the premium paid.

In all cases We can only refund to the credit/debit card used for the transaction and all refunds will be in USD.

I have a pre-existing medical condition, does that mean I can't get travel insurance cover?

In certain circumstances and for certain pre existing conditions we can provide cover automatically. In our Extramile Insurance Policy we define Pre-existing Medical Conditions as:

  • Any disability, condition or Illness which originated prior to the effective date of this policy until a period of 12 consecutive months has elapsed during which the Insured Person has neither received nor required any treatment for the said disability, condition or Illness.
  • Any respiratory condition (relating to the lungs bleeding), heart condition, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy cancer for which you have received treatment (including surgery, test investigations by your doctor or consultant/specialist and prescribed drugs for medication).
  • Any medical condition for which you are taking prescribed drugs for medication.
  • Any medical condition for which you have received terminal prognosis.
  • Any medical condition you are aware of that for which you have not had a diagnosis.
  • Any medical condition for which you are on a waiting list for or have knowledge of the need surgery treatment or investigation at a hospital, clinic or nursing home.

However we don’t apply this exclusion in respect of any pre-existing medical conditions that an insured person has that are:

  • included on the following list and
  • if the words in brackets apply to the insured person and
  • the condition has remained controlled on medication prescribed by a medical practitioner and
  • has not required any specialist treatment with 24 consecutive months.

Pre approved Conditions List:

  • Acne
  • ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
  • Asthma (providing it was diagnosed before age 50, and the insured person is taking/using no more than 2 different types of medication/inhalers and has not been admitted to hospital in the last year)
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Cataracts
  • Corneal graft
  • Deafness
  • Diabetes (providing there have been no complications such as impaired kidney function, heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, leg or foot ulcers, retinal damage, nerve damage, amputation of foot or leg, liver damage)
  • Fungal nail infection
  • Glaucoma
  • Hay fever
  • High cholesterol (the inherited form)
  • High blood pressure (providing the insured person has not suffered from any heart disease, kidney damage, stroke or mini-stroke)
  • HRT – Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Meniere’s disease
  • Impetigo
  • Migraine (provided the insured person has received a confirmed diagnosis and there are no ongoing investigations)
  • RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury/Tendinitis)
  • Tendonitis
  • Tinnitus
  • Tonsillitis
  • Under-Active or Over-Active Thyroid
  • has not required any specialist treatment with 24 consecutive months.
  • has not required any specialist treatment with 24 consecutive months.
  • has not required any specialist treatment with 24 consecutive months.

Any disabilities impairing mobility, vision or mental health provided the insured person is accompanied by an appropriate carer for when any assistance is required.

How do we get medical health assistance abroad?

The last thing you want to worry about should you fall ill or have an accident requiring medical treatment whilst abroad is how you would obtain medical assistance and pay for it. By taking a travel insurance policy out with Extra Mile Insurance you would be given the reassurance of access to our 24 hour emergency assistance line, who would be on hand 24-hours a day to help. All it would take is one call and everything would be taken care of, including payment of medical expenses and making arrangements for you to travel home.

If you are unfortunate enough to need medical assistance abroad, you can call our 24 hour emergency assistance line - their number appears on the contact us page.

How do I renew my annual travel insurance policy?

When your travel insurance policy is coming to an end you will receive an e-mail from inviting you to go online and renew.

How do I make a claim through my travel insurance?

For details of how to make a claim on you travel insurance please go to the claims page of the policy which provides you with the information on what you need to make a claim and any emergency numbers you need to contact.

If you need emergency inpatient medical assistance whilst actually on your trip, or require assistance under the Responsive Disaster Recovery section or Political & Natural Disaster Repatriation sections you will need to call the relevant 24 hour emergency assistance line which are as follows:

  • 24/7 Medical inpatient emergency number:
  • 24/7 Responsive Disaster Recovery number:
  • 24/7 Political and Natural Disaster repatriation number:
What excess would I need to pay if I had to make a claim?

We have made our policies really simple when it comes to an excess for a claim, there are only two that apply to all our policies:

  • For all claims except Political and Natural Disaster Repatriation the excess is $100 (USD) per person per claim.
  • For Political and Natural Disaster Repatriation the excess is $1,000 (USD) per claim.
What do I do if my passport gets stolen whilst I'm away?

A lost or stolen passport on holiday can really make you panic and feel extremely vulnerable. But try to stay calm. Follow these steps and you’ll be able to get back safe and sound, wherever you are.

Before you travel

Seasoned travellers if going to a new country or one that may be off the beaten track or subject to political unrest will often check to see where consulates and embassies are prior to travelling. Its also a good idea to check up before you travel what the procedures are if you lose a passport when on holiday or a business trip. Nowadays you’ll normally find this information a click away on the internet.

If however you are unfortunate to lose or have your passport stolen here are four simple steps to assist you getting emergency travel documents.

Report the loss/theft to the local police

The first thing you need to do is report the loss or theft of your passport to the local police. This is an essential step. For most if not all countries, you will need a copy of the police report in order to get a replacement passport or emergency travel documentation. If the police do not give you a report, you at least need to demonstrate evidence that you tried to get them to do so.

Emergency travel documentation

It’s normally possible for most nations to get emergency travel documentation from your nearest Consulate office for genuine, urgent or essential travel. You will need verification of identity (so it makes sense to take ID other than your passport on holiday) as well a copy of your police report. Background and identity checks will be carried out, which can take time. There will also normally be a fee charged and often this can only be paid in cash. Your Extramile travel policy with us will enable you to recover this cost and any others directly associated with replacing your passport such as travel or sometimes overnight stays if the consulate or embassy are some distance from where you are stayiny, when you arrive home.

Cancelling your passport

You will often be required to complete a form cancelling your lost or stolen passport, for example if you are English the form is known as an LS01. It may be a prerequisite to you obtaining your emergency travel documentation. It is important to submit your cancellation form as soon as possible to prevent identity theft or the possibility of someone else entering your country of domicile on your passport.

What if you find your passport?

Finding your passport might be a big relief. But be careful. If you find your passport after you have cancelled it it’s important that you do not use it. It will have been electronically cancelled so any attempt to use it could be detected as fraud and could result in you being detained by local authorities.

  • Report the loss or theft of your passport to the local police immediately
  • Get a copy of the police report and photocopy it for your own records and insurance purposes
  • Submit the form to cancel your passport (this can sometimes be done automatically if you apply for emergency documentation)
  • If you find your passport after you have submitted the cancellation form, do not try to use it

Finally, when you get home download from our website the relevant claim form and submit your loss with all the relevant paperwork.

What do I do if my money gets stolen whilst I'm away?

Losing your cash whilst on a trip or even worse been mugged or duped is an extremely traumatic experience ,unfortunately it often wont stop at that point as you will need to remember to cancel any credit/debit cards and travellers cheques as quickly as possible to ensure they are not used and replace any cash.

The following will help you remember what needs to be done through this traumatic time as there are several key things you must remember to do.

The crucial thing we at Extramile insurance need is an accurate paper trail to make sure we know exactly what was lost / stolen and there is no dispute later over the amounts claimed (if your passport was stolen at the same time please also see the FAQ ‘What do I do if my passport gets stolen whilst I'm away?’).

Before you travel we strongly recommend the following:

  1. If you are taking foreign currency with you ensure you keep the receipt from the bank or the Bureau du Change in a safe place (preferably not in the wallet that’s just been stolen!). A tip if you ‘pay’ for your currency using your debit card it will show up on your bank statement.
  2. Check the cancellation procedures for any travellers checks that you have bought and note down anything you may need to cancel them such as their numbers etc also the same comment applies about purchasing these as per local currency, use a debit card and the purchase will show up on your bank statement.
  3. If you use a cash machine whilst abroad make sure you get a receipt for any transactions and keep these in a separate pocket not with your wallet.
  4. Keep receipts wherever possible for all the purchases you make especially if using cash or travellers cheques and again store these in a safe place.

The above four recommendations make it so much easier for you to prove the cash element of any loss when it comes around to claiming.

You must in the first instance report the incident to the police, if this is not possible or they are not interested, your first port of call should be the nearest consul of your Government (you can usually find this on your governments website, police stations can have the number; or phone your embassy or High Commission in the capital of the country where you are staying).; where it has been reported to the police you will a copy of the police report to make an claim under your Extramile travel policy.

You will also have to contact the issuers of any stolen cards and traveller's cheques at the first opportunity.

Lost credit cards can normally be replaced by the issuing bank in anything from 24 hours to three days, depending on the issuer and the country and some credit card companies can forward emergency cash to you immediately.

If you advise them of the loss immediately you would notnormally be held responsible for any fraudulent use of your card after the time of reporting but this could vary depending on who issues your card and your and your banks country of domicile.

Quick tip: many security advisors recommend having a second prepaid emergency credit card with you loaded with limited funds (enough for three days use), kept back in the hotel safe or in another safe place away from your wallet for this very type of emergency.

If you are desperate for money in the short term and can get in contact with a friend, one of the easiest ways of getting cash is through Western Union ( or Money Gram ( Your friend simply makes the payment online, specifying the destination where you will collect it - usually a bank or shop in the town where you are stranded. You can normally collect it within minutes. It costs from £10-£25 to send £500 from the UK to Ghana, for example.

When it comes to making an insurance claim on your return home we will need:

  • A copy of the completed police report or evidence that the incident was reported (to your Consul or High Commission) if you were not able to do this or obtain a police report and you cancelled credit and debit cards, confirmation from your Bank confirming the date and time when the cards were cancelled will suffice
  • Confirmation as to the cash / travellers cheques amount lost, we will need proof that you had the cash (hence recommendations at the start of this faq!)

Note: the maximum amount we will cover is shown under your policy schedule and the claim is subject to your policy excess.

If I fall ill or have an accident while abroad, how do I pay my medical bills?

In medical emergencies or where you will likely be an inpatient due to injury or illness you need to call our dedicated medical emergency advice line immediately which is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Their number is provided in your policy documentation but is also shown here:

FocusPoint International, Inc.

24/7 Crisis Response Centre Hotline

Tel: +1 619 717 8549


They will provide you with advice and handle the claim on your behalf including dealing with local healthcare and evacuation/repatriation specialists if these services are required.

If in-patient hospital treatment and/or evacuation/repatriation is required, it is imperative that FocusPoint International is contacted and authorisation obtained prior to such treatment and/or evacuation or repatriation taking place.

Failure to contact FocusPoint International to obtain authorisation may prejudice Your claim and could mean that some or all of the costs involved may not be paid. You and the Insured Person should not attempt to find Your own solution and then expect full reimbursement from Us without prior approval first having been obtained from FocusPoint International.

Looking for travel insurance?

Get a quote now

Need help?

In case of emergency:

If you need help while travelling, call FocusPoint at:
001 619 717 8549
Or email at:
FocusPoint can provide you with:
  • 24/7 Medical Emergency Assistance

  • Political and Natural Disaster Repatriation or Assistance

  • Responsive Disaster Recovery Assistance.

For general enquiries:

Contact us

More about us

Our experience in the field:

Learn more about us from our personal experiences. When things escalate and go terribly wrong, we know seconds count. It's good to know that one phone call can get you through to our Responsive Disaster Recovery teams 24/7. Read our case studies